If you are looking for a fun way to cool off in this Southwest Florida heat, I have an idea for you. We love McGuire Park in Port Charlotte. It’s not brand new, but it’s newer (built in 2017) and it has so much to offer. My kids love it because it has a splash park and a playground in the same area so they run back and forth between the two.
The Splash Park at McGuire Park
The Splash Park area at McGuire Park in Port Charlotte is so neat. It isn’t just water squirting up from the ground like a lot of the local splash parks, but it has fun equipment that kids can run through and squirt with. It also has a bucket that drops water every so many minutes. The kids love that! This will keep kids entertained for hours! Make sure you bring your sunscreen.
The Playground at McGuire Park
The playground has two part- one for younger kids and one that has more climbing structures for older kids. I love when there are options because when my kids were little it was hard to keep them from climbing.
The playground areas are shaded with big oak trees.
What we like about McGuire Park
I always like to do pros and cons so each family that reads these articles can decide what is best for their family. So here is what we like about McGuire Park….
- The Splash Park is super fun
- The bathroom facilities are close by and for the most part they are clean. They get a little wet from little ones going in strait from the splash park, but overall they are clean.
- The playground has a toddler section and a big kid section
- The playground has a climbing section for older kids
What we don’t like about McGuire Park
- The mulch can get everywhere when switching from the park to the splash area. Make sure the kids wear sandals!
- Honestly, that’s about it. We love this park. I don’t really have anything bad to say about it.
Have fun at this park! Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Here are other fun things to do in Port Charlotte and surrounding areas! Just click the picture below…