We love going to the beach in Englewood! Well, we love the beach in general, but the Englewood beach has great parking, a nice boardwalk area, and millions of shells and shark teeth! Now the Englewood beach also has a brand new playground! We finally got over there to check it out and we really liked it!
So, I am a mommy and I would want an honest opinion before I take my kids somewhere, so I want to give you my honest opinion as well. That being said, here are my pros and cons of the new Englewood beach playground.
- Clean and shiny!
- Pirate theme! What’s not to love about a pirate theme playground?
- There is a tight rope for the big kids to cross on. How cool is that?
- There is a picnic table area nearby to have lunch
- It’s at the beach, so if you get hot just go jump in the water.
- No shade. Major con for us because in the summer it’s so hot and the equipment gets really hot! HOWEVER, I did hear that they are putting a cover over it so yay for that!!
- It doesn’t have swings
- It’s kind of difficult for my two year old to climb on because it’s geared toward a little older crowd. I would say maybe ages 3 or 4 and up.
Here are a few pictures of our fun time at the playground!
We were so hot that we went out on the beach and dipped our feet in the water…and then got super sandy. But what is a beach trip without sand?
The Englewood beach and playground is located on Beach Road right after you go around the round about coming from Englewood.